Saturday, January 28, 2006

Poker and WWdN

Over the last couple weeks, in particular this week, I have been playing on Wil Wheaton's weekly tournament. They have changed day of the week since that link, but if you are a pokerstars player, you can usually find them on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Anyway, I played the last couple weeks and have had a great time. The concept of the tournament is to provide a place for both bloggers and readers of poker blogs to play poker together and have fun. And in particular, having fun is what it is all about. I am a poker player of medium skill, which to me means I know generally what I am doing, but know that I have a long ways to go. I do win occasionally and manage in the money often enough, but realise that there is a long way to go. ;-)

Wil's tournament is different that most in that the group is friendly and it is more like a home game than your traditional online game. The entry price is low enough to not be a huge issue and the game usually feels like it is not about the money, but rather about the enjoyment of playing a game with a bunch of friends.

Regardless of your level of play, if you are a poker fan and have an account at pokerstars, it is worth the effort to make the next WWdN tournament and have a good time.

No comments: