Friday, January 20, 2006

Welcome

Although I have done some minor blogging before, I decided that if I wanted to get into it a little more, I would have to use a more mainstream site. Once that decision had been made, the hard decision remaining was to find out an appropriate name for the site.

Of course at this point, I had a complete lack of imagination and after staring at my computer screen for several minutes, I had an idea. I went to my google home page, turned on the word of the day and I was presented with a word that appeared very appropriate:

Susurration \soo-suh-RAY-shun\, noun:
A whispering sound; a soft murmur.

. . . the soft susurration of the wind through a stand of whistling thorn.
--Ann Jones, "Kenya on horseback," Town & Country, August 1, 1994

Across the road I can make out the grassy park that runs along the sand and hear, in the distance, the steady susurration of the Atlantic Ocean.
--Michael Dirda, "Excursions," Washington Post, January 2, 2000

There was the predictable noise of offence being taken on the Conservative side of the House. But it was low and muted, a mild susurration in the backwoods rather than an outraged gust of anger.
--Andrew Marr, "Making a prime minister of the President," Independent, March 30, 1994

This place will be my soft whispering for anyone who cares to listen. We'll see where that leads us as I try to experience this adventure called blogging.

No comments: